Offaly Senior Hurlers 2024

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: Offaly Senior Hurlers 2024

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Doon Exile wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:05 pm
G91 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:03 am Any idea why I can't get juvenile, adult and OAP tickets together for the hogan?
As far as I can remember it’s always only being the cusack for the juvenile tickets. Assume that’s a GAA strategy as opposed to ticketmaster.
Yep, sometimes it's only Canal End for family or discounted juvenile tickets.

I grabbed 304 tickets a few days ago as they are reasonably placed.
3:30pm for the McDonagh final and 6:00pm for the Leinster wrestling final leaves a big gap though to try and keep children entertained.

Wing Back
County player
Club: Coolderry

Post by Wing Back »

Bord na Mona man wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:00 pm
G91 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:03 am Any idea why I can't get juvenile, adult and OAP tickets together for the hogan?
As far as I can remember it’s always only being the cusack for the juvenile tickets. Assume that’s a GAA strategy as opposed to ticketmaster.

3:30pm for the McDonagh final and 6:00pm for the Leinster wrestling final leaves a big gap though to try and keep children entertained.
I was thinking there was a shortage of juvenile tickets alright......is it any wonder when you hoovered up 304 of them. :lol:

Keeping that many kids entertained will be tough....I agree.

But we only need them to be focused for the 1st match.....so at least that is something.
'Babs keating 'resigned' as coach because of illness and fatigue. The players were sick and tired of him'

faithfulfanatic
All Star

Post by faithfulfanatic »

Winners of JoeMc final play Cork at home in a double header with Tyrone V Cork in the football

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

JohnnyBoy24 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:17 am Decent sections now opened in the cusack for anyone needing juvenile tickets for Saturday 👍
I don't see any decent tickets available. In the Cusack 301 is available and then you have to go to 311.

And in the Hogan 327 and nothing then until 335.

Absolutely dire selection.

JohnnyBoy24
County player

Post by JohnnyBoy24 »

frankthetank wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:12 pm
JohnnyBoy24 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:17 am Decent sections now opened in the cusack for anyone needing juvenile tickets for Saturday 👍
I don't see any decent tickets available. In the Cusack 301 is available and then you have to go to 311.

And in the Hogan 327 and nothing then until 335.

Absolutely dire selection.
They Had opened up sections this morning, seemed to be starting at the back rows and working there way down towards the pitch.
I'd say check in every few hours if want a better choice.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Returns should start to come back in the next couple of days.

It's not easy to gauge the level of interest. Dublin's good show against Kilkenny in Parnell Park should get people’s attention.
The declining interest in the Dublin footballers doesn't necessarily help the hurling attendance though. The Linden Villagers haven’t embraced hurling to the same degree as football.

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

Bord na Mona man wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:00 pm

I got 304 too. I got them while in the wait for rhr u20 tickets last Monday. Have checked a few times but didn’t see any more 304. But they always sell the worse tickets first so hang fire and the central ones will come on stream closer the game.
Doon exile....

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Managed to nab a ticket in 305. It was a single.

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

Like Doon exile there I bought mine last week when logged in for the u20s match. Was able to get 307 in the Cusack with juveniles included.

On the match itself we have nothing to fear from what I saw the first day out, not that it's a foregone conclusion. The goals obviously had a major bearing on the outcome that day. Eoin Cahill getting clobbered in the first minute hurt us too as his ability to fire over long range frees was sorely missed.
I'd be surprised if Screeny starts, but just imagine the lift it would give the team bringing him on for the last 20 minutes. It would be a nightmare too for a corner back facing him coming in fresh from the bench.
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

JohnnyBoy24
County player

Post by JohnnyBoy24 »

Bord na Mona man wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:44 pm Returns should start to come back in the next couple of days.

It's not easy to gauge the level of interest. Dublin's good show against Kilkenny in Parnell Park should get people’s attention.
The declining interest in the Dublin footballers doesn't necessarily help the hurling attendance though. The Linden Villagers haven’t embraced hurling to the same degree as football.
Yeah bar ourselves where interest is probably at the highest it's been for a long time after Saturday..

Laois and Dublin hurling people will go as they would any other hurling game.

Chatting a friend living in Kilkenny, said there would be interest from people in the close to/city clubs as the handiness of the train is a big plus. It's probably a bit like Kerry football and anything before an Ireland final for KK when it comes to Leinster finals.

Glendassaun
Junior A

Post by Glendassaun »

Great to see the enthusiasm following the incredible win last weekend is transferring across to the seniors this weekend. It would be great to get similar numbers for the seniors this weekend.

Regarding the game, I’d agreed with Doon, having been at the first game in Portlaoise against Laois, it will of course be a mammoth game but I think if we play to our potential we’ll win this game.

On a personal note, I’d start Screeney. When he came on against Laois he caused untold consternation in the defence and I think, correct me if I’m wrong, but for his first outing in Croke Park, he would be wired!

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Any idea what sort of team we are looking at starting?

Along the lines of:
Mark Troy
Ben
Ciaran Burke
Cathal King
Donal Shirley
Cillian Kiely
Sam Bourke
Jason Sampson
Luke Watkins
And then 6 forwards of Killian Sampson, Brian Duignan, Eimhin Kelly, Eoghan Cahill, Charlie Mitchell and Dan Bourke.

pigeon house biffo
All Star
Club: Rynagh

Post by pigeon house biffo »

frankthetank wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:32 pm Any idea what sort of team we are looking at starting?

Along the lines of:
Mark Troy
Ben
Ciaran Burke
Cathal King
Donal Shirley
Cillian Kiely
Sam Bourke
Jason Sampson
Luke Watkins
And then 6 forwards of Killian Sampson, Brian Duignan, Eimhin Kelly, Eoghan Cahill, Charlie Mitchell and Dan Bourke.
Luke Watkins? Has he been a feature this year?

JohnnyBoy24
County player

Post by JohnnyBoy24 »

Suppose from the 1st day out, who's in or out of either the 15 or the 26.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240604_205217_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240604_205217_Chrome.jpg (813.35 KiB) Viewed 923 times

faithfulfanatic
All Star

Post by faithfulfanatic »

frankthetank wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:32 pm Any idea what sort of team we are looking at starting?

Along the lines of:
Mark Troy
Ben
Ciaran Burke
Cathal King
Donal Shirley
Cillian Kiely
Sam Bourke
Jason Sampson
Luke Watkins
David King will be in there for Luke Watkins.
Ross Ravenhill perhaps in for Sam Bourke with King to wing back? Eimhin Kelly and Killian Sampson also can hurl further out where required. I wouldn’t be the slightest bit surprised if Screeney started.

That leaves you with Oisin Kelly, Adam Screeney, Luke Watkins, Sam Bourke/Ross Ravenhill, Dara Maher, Jack Clancy, Colin Spain.

I also believe David Nally avoided serious injury against Westmeath and may be fit for selection.
Leon Fox is injured.