Offaly Under 20s hurling 2024

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
JimBwobb
All Star

Re: Offaly Under 20s hurling 2024

Post by JimBwobb »

Has a feel of Christmas morning about it with the excitement bar the weather, smell of fresh cut grass and the nostrils tingling from Hay Fever.

Up Offaly, Bring it home!!!!!

Handball
Junior C
Club: Raheen

Post by Handball »

Best of luck to players to management. It’ll be a great day out for everyone regardless of result. This panel and backroom team owes us nothing after restoring so much pride to the jersey.

All we can do as fans is let our voices be heard in Nowlan park and drown out the tipp support so don’t be afraid to let an aul YEEHAW outta ye.

There will be a great hop out of Kilkenny city, Birr and Tullamore throughout the day and night. We’ll be on the creme de menthe until the bridge centre reopens on Sunday

Fair play and good luck to them and everyone travelling.

UIBH FHAILÍ ABÚ.

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

The day has arrived and hope everyone has got sorted with tickets.

Genuine belief that we will win. A lot depends on the Screeney McCarthy impact. But that’s one of the biggest factors with Offaly this. Not as reliant on screeney for scores - Dan bourke and Rigney have really stood up. Need a big hour from Conor doyle and hopefully Barry egan justifies his place.

Hard to know what will come of the Ravenhill rumours but maybe we won’t need him.

Safe travels everyone and look after the kids too as it’ll be an almighty charge if we are ahead at the final whistle.
Doon exile....

Wing Back
County player
Club: Coolderry

Post by Wing Back »

Doon Exile wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:14 am The day has arrived and hope everyone has got sorted with tickets.

Genuine belief that we will win. A lot depends on the Screeney McCarthy impact. But that’s one of the biggest factors with Offaly this. Not as reliant on screeney for scores - Dan bourke and Rigney have really stood up. Need a big hour from Conor doyle and hopefully Barry egan justifies his place.

Hard to know what will come of the Ravenhill rumours but maybe we won’t need him.

Safe travels everyone and look after the kids too as it’ll be an almighty charge if we are ahead at the final whistle.
Still have 2 city end terrace tickets if anyone is looking.

Best of luck offaly
'Babs keating 'resigned' as coach because of illness and fatigue. The players were sick and tired of him'

The big hill
Intermediate
Club: Tullamore

Post by The big hill »

Massive crowd coming today. These lads are drawing a bigger crowd than the seniors and smaller premier league clubs. I was only thinking during the week other than the college teams in America is there a more supported underage team in the world

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

The clare three in a row u21 team Brought huge crowds.

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

Arrived safe and sound (and early). Pitch looks fantastic apart from the one spot.
Doon exile....

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Dan ravenhill named in the matchday panel

JohnnyBoy24
County player

Post by JohnnyBoy24 »

Lost for words , uibh fhaili Abu !!

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Mighty stuff! :D :D :D
Congratulations to all who contributed to the win. It has been a long road to here.

Tipp put up a real fight. Just like their last match against Cork they were living off scraps but still very dangerous.

Offaly were just too strong this evening. Too much quality and too many stars to leave any danger of the game being stolen again.

The full set of All Irelands is now complete. More history has been made.
The next chapter begins.

The Biff
All Star

Post by The Biff »

A superb display. Well done to all connected with this great team. That was a great game to watch, and I’m so jealous of that great crowd who had the privilege to be there.

I brought my Offaly jersey out with me to Chicago. I think I’ll wear it to work on Monday, especially for that Tipp colleague. Woohoo. Uibh Fháilí Abú.
Peter Parker: I missed the part where that's MY problem.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

super win indeed...pressure at different stages of game and each time we pushed on again...felt abit for Barry Egan been subbed, he scored 1-02 from what ball came his way, Doyle played well too and got a score or two..that said management seen a change where game needed to be closed out i suppose..well done to Egan and Doyle, making starting 15 should confirm to both how highly regarded both are to Offaly and us supporters...every player on that panel can hold their heads high after a super year...beating KILKENNY and Tipperary enroute makes this a fantastic crown to win..

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

What an occasion, the crowd was just phenomenal, the atmosphere, the weather, but most of all this group of players and management. Together for six years and today we got exactly what we deserved All Ireland champions.
Having watched the team over the years one thing was evident, when things went wrong when a goal went in we never panicked, never threw the towel in, today Tipp respond with a goal after ours and bang we respond with another after savage tackling from the forwards to take the sliothar off the tipp midfield.
Today the entire team/panel and management deserve all the credit, you have done yourself’s , your family and the entire county proud, and created History!!!! Congratulations Offaly All Ireland under 20 champions.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

SO EXCITED for everyone involved AND EVERYONE HERE!

Representing on the Jersey Shore!

What a team!

UIBHFHAILI ABU!!!!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

faithfulfanatic
All Star
Club: Coolderry

Post by faithfulfanatic »

Outstanding to a man.
I can’t find a single fault with any of them this evening.
Fantastic and they would have beat anything put in front of them.

I think a mark of this team and the change in attitude from previous years was our puckouts in the second half.
When Tipp would score or get on top and everyone may be urging Hoare to slow it down, he’d pick out Ter on the wing or land it down on top of our half forward line straight away, eager to get the game going again and drive the thing home.
Our full back line were exceptional, what a score by Kelly at the death.
Brecon Kavanagh seems to have the ability to freeze time when he gets the ball as he glides away from anyone nearby.
Colin Spain and Cathal King are lads you’d want to go into battle beside.
Conor Doyle has been saving that performance for a while.
Dan Bourke showed just why he is so highly rated.
Shane Rigney and Ter Guinan linked up superbly in the second half, Rigney must have picked 6 balls first time under the stand.
Screeney’s shoulder and turnover late in the piece typified him.
Barry Egan with his best performance in an Offaly shirt. Disappointed to hear that he threw his hurl and helmet on coming off and had words with Leo O’Connor, perhaps he felt deserving to see the game out.

Next year, we lose Miller, King, Spain, Bourke and Egan.
Next in line: Ravenhill, Larkin, Furlong, Martin, Cleary, Hogan, Fletcher, Hand etc.
But for now, we will savour this.

I know Tipp are out close neighbours and no love is lost either way, but fair dues to them for trying to play hurling the right way and not resorting to the dark arts.
As I heard one man remark on the pitch after, Tipp hurled and let Offaly hurl, Cork simply didn’t let Offaly hurl last year.

As joyful a day as I have ever experienced at a hurling match.

Esto Fidelis