Offaly Senior Football Team - Championship 2023

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Superhans75
All Star
Club: Birr

Re: Offaly Senior Football Team - Championship 2023

Post by Superhans75 »

We're all Offaly fans tflkkl

Mmmmm

Superhans75
All Star

Post by Superhans75 »

Absolutely awful

Superhans75
All Star

Post by Superhans75 »

Bur beautiful

pigeon house biffo
All Star
Club: Rynagh

Post by pigeon house biffo »

Before anyone says anything, scrambling to get a draw against a division 4 team isn’t a good result 👍

G91
County player
Club: Ferbane

Post by G91 »

pigeon house biffo wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:16 pm Before anyone says anything, scrambling to get a draw against a division 4 team isn’t a good result 👍
To come back the way they did it is , doesn't make much odds what divison there is , offaly and Laois is always a big game ,

pigeon house biffo
All Star
Club: Rynagh

Post by pigeon house biffo »

G91 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:23 pm
pigeon house biffo wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:16 pm Before anyone says anything, scrambling to get a draw against a division 4 team isn’t a good result 👍
To come back the way they did it is , doesn't make much odds what divison there is , offaly and Laois is always a big game ,

Small time attitude, sorry.

If we are serious about being a div 2 outfit then we need to be collecting the necks of division 4 teams. Performance maybe reflects the attitude in the camp towards this tournament.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Leix flopped in Leinster, so the Tailteann offers a chance of some redemption. Offaly may not have the same relish for it after a reasonably good Leinster campaign.

Superhans75
All Star

Post by Superhans75 »

That was a very poor loais team but was very disappointed with the crowd game should have been played earlier .
Great comeback but I think the team has had enough this year .
4 months of football and Liam's death has to take its toll
On a very small squad of players .
Hard to no what to expect against Cavan I was told the game is to be played in Roscommon .
But to honest why don't both teams flip the coin to decide it makes sense

faithfulfanatic
All Star
Club: Coolderry

Post by faithfulfanatic »

Superhans75 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:29 am That was a very poor loais team but was very disappointed with the crowd game should have been played earlier .
Great comeback but I think the team has had enough this year .
4 months of football and Liam's death has to take its toll
On a very small squad of players .
Hard to no what to expect against Cavan I was told the game is to be played in Roscommon .
But to honest why don't both teams flip the coin to decide it makes sense
People would give out about anything.
Each team has a home game, an away game and a NEUTRAL game

Superhans75
All Star

Post by Superhans75 »

I'm voicing my opinion .
Why do people jump down people's necks we want what
Is good for Offaly Gaa not what is good for A beaurocratic aholes

G91
County player

Post by G91 »

I'd say the team is zapped , close game vs Longford Twice big game vs meath another big performance to get extra time vs louth, loosing players from the squad and if course Liams passing it eventually will all take its toll ,

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

We were lucky the other night that Laois wern't out of sight. And great to come back in the end.
Defensive solidity improvement shown, particularly Meath game is gone. Laois got away too many easy shots, soft goal at that time I though had us completely sunk.
Up front was a shambles. Not naming names here as according to POTH this is the avenue for other counties to gain insight to plot our demise but suffice to say that Laois had thier homework done and we made it so easy for them. Our forward line congregated between the 21 and 45 when we were attacking and allowed Laois to easily crowd the scoring zone.
Last few mins, they panicked and we had bodies inside the 21 and left us with shooting options.

Unlikely source for the turnaround but in fairness to Bracken, he has stuck it out and played a role in the goal and kicked the 2 pts so well done to the lad. Leavy kicked a scandalous wide but after that made some impact after little or no contribution v London.

Rest up a few v Cavan and hope we don't draw Down, (or Meath ) after is the most likely scenario at this point as the team looked leggy or disinterested the other night.

Superhans75
All Star

Post by Superhans75 »

Longford on Saturday week at 3pm Jesus out 3rd trip this year 👀👀

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

G91 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:15 pm I'd say the team is zapped , close game vs Longford Twice big game vs meath another big performance to get extra time vs louth, loosing players from the squad and if course Liams passing it eventually will all take its toll ,
Agree with this, I think they threw everything bar the kitchen sink at the Leinster Championship campaign and to lose out on a Leinster final and All Ireland series place in extra time must’ve been gut wrenching. Couple that with players leaving what was already a thread bare squad and the mental toll of Liam’s passing and you could understand why a lot of these lads probably just want the county season to end and some time off playing with their clubs before regrouping again in November.

I still feel we’ve made progress this year and there’s plenty to build on despite how this Tailteann Cup run is likely to end but we’ll need as many of our best players back in next year as possible to assemble a squad strong enough of making the leap to division 2.

G91
County player

Post by G91 »

Its a difficult one , meath were there for the taking and finally it happened but we threw away a nice lead vs westmeath in mullingar and were down a man from the get go , the down game the handpass after handpass after handpass until it was right in front of the posts to take an attempt at a score

But then vs louth when the backs were against the wall offaly stepped up a gear and made runs ,kick passing and cut out the endless handpassing but ran out off steam understandably in extra time

I don't know is it lack off confidence why we don't attack with pace more often the mark that was got the last kick off normal time was an excellent kick pass and a great run to receive it only if it went over

Offaly football is a mixed bag at the moment minors got to a semi final but were well off the pace under 20s never got going ,

All considered its a decent season something to build on