Offaly Senior Hurlers 2023

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Hasselhoff
All Star

Re: Offaly Senior Hurlers 2023

Post by Hasselhoff »

Is Eoghan Cahill not even on the panel

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

No their final is in two weeks and rightly so lads are rested.
Joe Hoctor and Sam Bourke can't do a warm up ? Come off it!

FJB
Junior B
Club: Gracefield

Post by FJB »

Twas worth getting a beating like that today just for the level of whinging from across the Barrow.
The final will be a handy win.

G91
County player
Club: Ferbane

Post by G91 »

The absolute horseshit coming from them , having to listen to carlow today was just as bad sitting In Front of someone who was looking for free to carlow because he dropped his hurl , parking Is going to be a mare Wednesday

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

G91 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:23 pm The absolute horseshit coming from them , having to listen to carlow today was just as bad sitting In Front of someone who was looking for free to carlow because he dropped his hurl , parking Is going to be a mare Wednesday
Did any Offaly reserve player today, show they can step up to the first team ?

Superhans75
All Star
Club: Birr

Post by Superhans75 »

Yesterday was a joke I feel sorry for the team because the players who played yesterday were basically not up to the standard they will get slagged off etc .
The management have a lot to answer for they actually exposed the reason why Joe Mac will not improve
Hurling in all counties outside the the top top 6

faithfulfanatic
All Star
Club: Coolderry

Post by faithfulfanatic »

SearingDrive wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:02 pm
G91 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:23 pm The absolute horseshit coming from them , having to listen to carlow today was just as bad sitting In Front of someone who was looking for free to carlow because he dropped his hurl , parking Is going to be a mare Wednesday
Did any Offaly reserve player today, show they can step up to the first team ?
No, Ben, Dara and Paddy and the subs that came on showed why they’ll be hurling in a fortnights time.. some of the rest of the lads just aren’t up to it.. the core of the u20s team a long way ahead of some lads that played

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

I'm all for looking after our own and don't really care we played a second string considering we are playing in a national final in two weeks. The whole of Laois aren't happy on Twitter but we bet them in Championship and that's why where we are and where they are.

But....... an 18 point defeat is a bit concerning to be honest.

How does it affect momentum of both teams going into a final?
What did we learn from yesterday?

I was expecting a 6-10 point defeat but not 18!!!!

G91
County player

Post by G91 »

It certainly didn't look great but it was all stupid things , not catching simple balls
Dropping balls
Touches were very bad
Puckouts poor selection
Not looking were the delivery was going

I've never seen Liam Langton as bad and some other player's that have gotten substantial time were poor

Maybe it's expected from player's that haven't got much time all year

It's worrying though how good are carlow , will the momentum be lost we weren't at our best vs kerry after a rest

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Superhans75 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:21 am Yesterday was a joke I feel sorry for the team because the players who played yesterday were basically not up to the standard they will get slagged off etc .
The management have a lot to answer for they actually exposed the reason why Joe Mac will not improve
Hurling in all counties outside the the top top 6
Mgt have nothing to answer for. They gave lads a run. If those lads didn't get a run yesterday when will they? I'd say a few would have walked after the final if they didn't get game time yesterday.

Superhans75
All Star
Club: Birr

Post by Superhans75 »

You should never put divisions in a squad its basic management . No 1 mistake.
I think U20s performance has a few people in orbit.
If we play Carlow like we played in the early league games we could be in trouble.
Jesus Kildare must have lost all 4 wheels and the steering.
Interesting times ahead but don't become (Tipperary bigheads ) we have to win first

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Does anyone actually know the details for the Joe McDonagh Cup Final.

Like venue, exact date (not weekend but actual date) and throw in time.

Or are the GAA waiting to see how the U20 provincial finals go before firming things up?

Dublin footballers (assuming they win today) are scheduled to play Roscommon in CP on the Saturday of that weekend.

Dublin Hurlers are scheduled to play Galway on the Sunday in CP. This game CANNOT be moved as all games in Leinster hurling that weekend have to throw in simultaneously.

Really it looks like 1 of 2 options.
A) Dublin footballers move game to Sunday to make a double header with their hurlers so Joe Mc/U20 finals are in CP on Saturday

B) Semple Stadium on the Saturday as it is free anyways.

G91
County player

Post by G91 »

Surely it has to be played in croke park , according to gaa website its fixed may 27 no time

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

A 4/5th empty Croke Park holds no appeal for anyone in my opinion. Players or supporters. Players feed off the energy of the crowd.

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

Really it looks like 1 of 2 options.
A) Dublin footballers move game to Sunday to make a double header with their hurlers so Joe Mc/U20 finals are in CP on Saturday

I think this will happen.

I would have preferred the joe McDonagh to have been played before the Leinster Hurling Final like previous years. Play it as the curtain raiser.

The final needs TV coverage as well. It would have been better on a Sunday.

I think it should be in croke park in respect to the players. If there is a sparse crowd at it, it will be the same in semple stadium.

There was a decent crowd at the offaly vs Louth match. How many teams would actually fill croke park anyway.

We could have two teams playing on the same day in Croke Park yet. It would be great for the county.
Prefer a Sunday as its more family oriented and people are not working but Saturday in croker will have to do.