Offaly Senior Hurlers 2023

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
JimBwobb
All Star

Re: Offaly Senior Hurlers 2023

Post by JimBwobb »

I'd expect Charlie Mitchell to start, i note he's on the bench for the under 20s tonight.

I really feel Offaly need to dive into their panel at this stage and give runs to the likes of Cathal Kiely, Langton and Cathal O Meara. We have had such a work load the past few weeks and next 3 weeks it's important to utilise the panel. No point having a panel if not going to use the. Fatigue will come into play I would imagine.

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

I agree.
No point in having those lads on the panel for the sake of it. I haven't seen much of them at all in the league so far.
Not much difference in those hurlers who start on the team and a few of the subs that were brought in.
The use of our extended panel will be important.

faithfulfanatic
All Star
Club: Coolderry

Post by faithfulfanatic »

This is first round of championship, not exactly the time to start trying out lads who haven’t shown enough in training matches or training? Although, if lads want automatic selection, they just need to be from Belmont it seems

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

The last place you try lads now is in championship. The reason to have them around is for training purposes.

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

Mmmm I can see where your coming from but with a game every week for 7 weeks theirs surely a high risk of further injuries and burnout.

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

Well done Offaly 👏👏👏👏 full value for the win.
Last edited by Doon Exile on Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doon exile....

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Huge win. Offaly by 3.
Carlow fairly hopped off kildare winning by 10.

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

A mighty win considering not many gave Offaly a chance , myself included. And to score 3 goals too !! Well done lads

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

A good win for Offaly, in the JoeMcD Cup. Carlow put 5 goals past Kildare today.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Great win, have to admit I was fearing the worst against Laois I thought they were a level above us. Well done to all, hard few weeks ahead keep her lit

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Great win on a short turn around. Delighted for the team an all involved!!

Things just getting ready to heat up here. Gaelic Park next for the ‘big match’.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

Great win for the hurlers.
Laois looked dangerous but our goals were the difference.
They had a very speedy forward there in the first half. Wouldn't like to be meeting laois but it was a great win.

Delighted for the team and panel that they got the win.
Eoin Cahill and full back Burke were very good today.

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

Hon the lads!!!!!

Great win especially against Laois who have been plying their trade at a higher level the last few years.

First ten minutes I thought it was one way traffic, again.

But we steadied the ship with a well taken goal. Laois drove on again but another well taken goal from Keenaghan after Great vision for the pass from Duignan.

Second half we had the breeze and played well. Our third goal was a brilliant flowing move was class to be honest.

Kiely and Cahill were brilliant from play, no one played poor everyone were very good. Ciaran Burke is really making full back his own. Special mention to Keenaghan and Screeny who played very well also.

Work rate, intensity and tackling were very good. I believe we wanted the win more today.

A point to note, Offaly have been behind in their last 3 games and won which shows these boys have great character and desire.

Onwards and upwards.

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Fair play to all. Great win. Sometimes got lots of criticism here in recent times including from me. Great to beat Laois who have been ahead of us for last 10 years or so. Players really stood up today and lots of panel depth shown also. All credit to players and management. 3 goals scored is nice tonic also as hadn't been scoring many.

3 more wins now should see us into a final for definite. Scale of Carlow result a surprise to most I'd say. Teams will beat each other given closeness between Kerry Laois Carlow, ourselves and Kildare so reckon 8pts will guarantee a final and 7pts might even be enough. Down likely to be out of contention after first few weeks.
jimbob

Fear Uibh
Junior A
Club: Doon

Post by Fear Uibh »

Great win today, Cahill was excellent 2-4 from play is great going, Kiely brilliant as well, great momentum with the team at the moment with huge character coming from behind in the last couple of games. Looking forward to a good run now and hopefully the final.