Minors hurlers 2022

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
frankthetank
All Star

Re: Minors hurlers 2022

Post by frankthetank »

private joker wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:02 pm
greenairfield wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:52 pm I am not sure it was a big win both teams were through already and Birr lost two players to injuries which stopped the game for a long periods.

You would have to think that it's a shame that we don't have a team in the A Colleges after our minor team last year.
Two local schools, one from the "traditional south" other from the North. Yeah, it was a big game and a real marker set down from colaiste choilm
You’ve some chip on your shoulder.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Didn't see anyone with a chip on shoulder ?

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Private Joker certainly has. Constantly digging at South Offaly.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Absolutely do not. But you certainly seem too. I made a comment a few months back about a good result for colaiste choilm in the league vs St kierans and the only comment I got back was they didn't win an all ireland like Birr. I wasn't at the game, but parents of some of the birr school were, and they described it as a big win for Colaiste choilm.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

private joker wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:02 pm
Hasselhoff wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:07 pm Any word on next year's minor management
Enda mulhare manager. Ray cordial also involved.
What are the 2023 Minor Hurlers like, any chance of repeating the current minor’s progress?

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

A big win in what context?

Our schools are in the B its embarssing stuff really if the truth be told.
SBC hurled Kierans in the A semin final league and were way off. Tullamore School hurled Kierans in the group stage as you stated but lost!
What you didnt state was that Kierans hurled only 5th years versus Tullamore that day - you must of forgot to leave that part out.

Anyway getting away from the point if Tullamore can beat the Birr school once in 50 years yes maybe it is a big win but that Birr school team or Tullamore school are not competing at the level we need to be so yes you probably do need take that chip off your shoulder in relation to south Offaly from what I can see at club level North Offaly are still well adrift to teams down here.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

The minor A and B finals were contested by North teams?.
The big win context was in relation to the final scoreline. 9 point victory.
Maybe I got the kk teams mixed up. Did colaiste choilm draw with CBS KK?
And your absolutely right. No offaly teams in A is not great. It's a poor state of affairs.
To answer the question about minor hopes for 2023, not great. Offy hasn't met yet as a group, mgt not yet ratified by all accounts but that's only a formality . Most other counties are in doing collective work at this stage and have a panel.of players drawn up to work with. Large panels but panels nonetheless.

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

B is about their level. To have 4 teams in B is better than one in A, one in B and two in C like we often had before. There is only 5 or 6 teams in A as far as I know so we are better having teams competitive in B than getting hockeyed in A colleges in my opinion
jimbob

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Just wondering if anybody who is more proficient than me with tech could add last years Leinster Minor Final result to the Leinster Minor Final wiki page?

Score: Offaly 0-21 Laois 0-13
Venue: Laois Hire O’Moore Park
Captain: Dan Ravenhill

Cheers. Just think it’s important to add it.

Claffey
Junior A

Post by Claffey »

frankthetank wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:46 pm Just wondering if anybody who is more proficient than me with tech could add last years Leinster Minor Final result to the Leinster Minor Final wiki page?

Score: Offaly 0-21 Laois 0-13
Venue: Laois Hire O’Moore Park
Captain: Dan Ravenhill

Cheers. Just think it’s important to add it.
Just updated the Wikipedia page. First time editing Wikipedia, so let me know of any errors you see and I will update.