Offaly v Kilkenny - Pre Game Event.

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Club Faithful
Junior B

Offaly v Kilkenny - Pre Game Event.

Post by Club Faithful »

A unique charity event, featuring a host of ex-Offaly and Kilkenny hurling legends, is set to provide GAA fans with an entertaining pre-championship game treat on Sunday June 9th when Offaly take on the reigning All Ireland champions.

Carroll's, Offaly GAA, Club Faithful and Irish Autism Action are all teaming up on the day that will cater for all the family and provide the perfect atmosphere for the big game on the day.

A world record breaking attempt - to make as many Carroll’s ham sandwiches in one hour will take place in the Tullamore GAA centre from midday on Sunday June 9th and will provide some interesting pre-game entertainment ahead of the 2pm throw in of the Leinster SHC Quarter Final at O’Connor Park, Tullamore of Offaly and Kilkenny.

The world record attempt will also provide a backdrop to the Sunday Game’s Michael Duignan hosting a Q&A session with other ex-players, Eddie Brennan, DJ Carey, Brian Whelehan and Joe Dooley, who will be giving their insight into one of the great Leinster hurling rivalries ahead of the clash, but will also be on hand to make some sandwiches for the world record attempt.

GAA Fans from both counties and across the midlands are also being given the opportunity to take part in the world record attempt where Carroll’s the longest running sponsor in the GAA at 23 years sponsoring Offaly GAA, are providing the sandwich making materials for the unique occasion.

The record breaking sandwiches will then be donated to the match going crowds at O’Connor Park, by volunteers from Autism Action Ireland to help them raise some much needed funds.

Through a dedicated kid-zone with a kicking cage, face painters and lots more, this pre-championship event promises to provide guaranteed entertainment for the whole family.

The current world record, for the number of sandwiches made in one hour, stands at 2,706 sandwiches.

The event provides something for all the family and is free of charge. Tullamore GAA have kindly donated the use of their GAA centre. All potential sandwich makers would be greatly appreciated as we aim to build the atmosphere ahead of the game.

Lookingovertheditch
Junior C

Re: Offaly v Kilkenny - Pre Game Event.

Post by Lookingovertheditch »

This event should swell the numbers of Tipp supporters in attendance!

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

strange dat Duignan has a Q&A session includin Whelehan and Dooley. were all the other ex kk players too busy to fill in?

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

what about Lar fiffi he will be doing nothing this summer :lol:

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

townman..the very man. i saw from poth's post dat dere was a u21 challenge & I was very disappointed u didn't keep me up to speed, u been de man for de challenges & all. so I axed de lads here & dey wudnt tell me de score but sed it woz in de 'home of hurlin' ie not tullamore. I sed dang blasht it anyway, townman must of been @ it & never told me. I wonder why. what woz de score townman????

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

what was the score last sunday fiffi again kerry :oops: your a good man for results yet i didn't here this one i wonder why this was munster championship wasn't it :lol:

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

dat was dat big ball schtuff, rite townman? & dat was kerry rite? one of de favs for de AI rite? u go to de bookies on monday & lump on kildare...deyll pull up a sofa for you!!! does dis mean dat if offaly don't get to de senior or U21 hurlin leinster finals dis year den it'll be another yr without even gettin to a leinster final? dats rite isn't it? ooops, just checked...KK on Offaly side of u21 too. shitsville, townman!!! wot woz the u21 score btw....?????

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Ah lads!

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

holy terrible bateins batman, de score woz Tipp 7-26 Offaly 1-12, I've just heard....now how did u miss dat wan townman?

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Please Townman, dont answer back, he wil,l with time, go away!

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

pay attention to Ahlethimoutwithit, townman, he's tryin to save you from a bigger batein. I'm sure he has spotted dat the margin of victory in dat challenge match a few hundred yards from yer house is 10 points bigger than yer 5 goal challenge match & de Kerry match put together. :lol: :lol:

My Left Foot
Senior

Post by My Left Foot »

Ah fifi , poor little diddums, you've finally come back after the league final defeat- your mammy must have tucked you in so tight that night that you took longer than normal to get out of your cot. Was it the John Leahy double stitching on the eiderdown that you couldn't get out of ?
I hope you picked up all the toys you threw out of your pram, otherwise your mammy will be cross with you and you wont be allowed go with the big boys to the match.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

My Left Foot wrote:Ah fifi , poor little diddums, you've finally come back after the league final defeat- your mammy must have tucked you in so tight that night that you took longer than normal to get out of your cot. Was it the John Leahy double stitching on the eiderdown that you couldn't get out of ?
I hope you picked up all the toys you threw out of your pram, otherwise your mammy will be cross with you and you wont be allowed go with the big boys to the match.
im all confused now...was it not the John Leahy double stitching on the offaly minors eiderdown that they couldn't get out of?? :mrgreen:

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Can we have a separate dedicated topic for the Offaly and Tipp lads to butt heads on?