Offaly Senior Hurling Management 2012

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
townman
All Star

Re: Offaly Senior Hurling Management 2012

Post by townman »

happy enough will that line up i remember the good old days with Paudge with a bunch of hurls under his arm as the offaly teams ran out onto croker
Mark Corrigan is a suprise alright but could be the one for the job at least he will know his stuff.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

GreatDayForTheParish wrote:
GreatDayForTheParish wrote:
Plain of the Herbs wrote:Radio3 have just tweeted to announce that Mark Corigan and Paudie Mulhare have been ratified as Ollie Baker's selectors.
The same Paudie that was part of the 90's Offaly panel?
As in Paudge that's been there so many times before?[/quote]

well he was with winning sides i was sitting behind the dugout in 1981 again laois as he walked the sideline that day with hurl's has some love for
offaly hurling hope it goes well for him.

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

God forbid we have two managment teams in a row without Paudge Mulhare being involved?? I wouldn't exactly be on the look out but I havent seen Paudge at too many games in the recent past??

And would I be right in saying that this is the same Paudge who wouldn't allow the substitution of Martin Hanamy in the All Ireland Semi-Final in 1999?

As I stated in an earlier post this is going to end in unmitigated disaster.

GreatDayForTheParish
All Star

Post by GreatDayForTheParish »

So thats that so. A complete disaster of a management team.

I was willing to give Baker the benefit of the doubt but his choice of selectors, Mulhare in particular, have ended that. Conservative, archaic, old fashioned fantasists with nothing in common with the modern player, their time has come and gone and gone long ago. It's actually incomprehensible what Baker could see in him, what he could possibly bring to today's players in today's game. These simple decisions reveal so much about Ollie Baker as a person and as a manager, along with his vision and his plan for Offaly hurling and from here, it looks miserable. This could well end in player agitation, in complete disaster. I wouldn't blame them.

How he was allowed to keep these unannounced until now and not declare them during the interview process, I'll never know. At times like this, its hard not to feel that we truly have the worst, the most backward County Board in Ireland.

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

GreatDayForTheParish wrote:So thats that so. A complete disaster of a management team.

I was willing to give Baker the benefit of the doubt but his choice of selectors, Mulhare in particular, have ended that. Conservative, archaic, old fashioned fantasists with nothing in common with the modern player, their time has come and gone and gone long ago. It's actually incomprehensible what Baker could see in him, what he could bring to today's players in today's game. These simple decisions reveal so much about Ollie Baker as a person and as a manager, along with his vision and his plan for Offaly hurling and from here, it looks miserable. This could well end in player agitation, in complete disaster. I wouldn't blame them.

How he was allowed to keep these unannounced until now and not declare them during the interview process, I'll never know. At times like this, its hard not to feel that we truly have the worst, the most backward County Board in Ireland.

The reason he didn't have to announce the selectors at a previous CB meeting is because he didn't appoint the selectors, the CB did. How could Baker come up with two Offaly selectors off his own bat? He obviously couldnt. County Board appointments.
Last edited by kinnittyman on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

GreatDayForTheParish
All Star

Post by GreatDayForTheParish »

kinnittyman wrote:
GreatDayForTheParish wrote:So thats that so. A complete disaster of a management team.

I was willing to give Baker the benefit of the doubt but his choice of selectors, Mulhare in particular, have ended that. Conservative, archaic, old fashioned fantasists with nothing in common with the modern player, their time has come and gone and gone long ago. It's actually incomprehensible what Baker could see in him, what he could bring to today's players in today's game. These simple decisions reveal so much about Ollie Baker as a person and as a manager, along with his vision and his plan for Offaly hurling and from here, it looks miserable. This could well end in player agitation, in complete disaster. I wouldn't blame them.

The reason he didn't have to announce the selectors at a previous CB meeting is because he didn't appoint the selectors, the CB did. How could Daly come up with two Offaly selectors off his own bat? He obviously couldnt. County Board appointments.

The worst County Board in Ireland. I can think of few other instances where such rank conservative ineptitude reigned supreme. Utterly incompetent and unfit for purpose.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

kinnittyman wrote:God forbid we have two managment teams in a row without Paudge Mulhare being involved?? I wouldn't exactly be on the look out but I havent seen Paudge at too many games in the recent past??

And would I be right in saying that this is the same Paudge who wouldn't allow the substitution of Martin Hanamy in the All Ireland Semi-Final in 1999?

what do you think of your clubman Corrigan

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

townman wrote:
kinnittyman wrote:God forbid we have two managment teams in a row without Paudge Mulhare being involved?? I wouldn't exactly be on the look out but I havent seen Paudge at too many games in the recent past??

I have a policy of not discussing Kinnitty guys on this forum either in a positive or negative way so I'll stick to that.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

kinnittyman wrote:
townman wrote:

I have a policy of not discussing Kinnitty guys on this forum either in a positive or negative way so I'll stick to that.
but yet you run down other clubmen 1999 Hanamy as you said but Paudge was also with offaly winning sides over the years that you fail to mention

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Maybe people are getting carried away with the importance of the role of selectors.
They'll either buy into the manager's vision and support him in implementing it, or else be at loggerheads with him and cause him a certain amount of nuisance.

A good manager won't need to lean on them too much, or allow himself to be hindered by them either.

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

Listen Townman, I'll contribute to this message board anyway I see fit. I'm not a professional journalist getting paid for my contributions so I can pick and choose my opinions and the way I want to relay them. Freedom of speech and all that. Why would I jeopardise good friendships with clubmates I have known all my life just to give you some cheap thrills.

And if you read my post you might note that I asked a question about Paude Mulhare and "didn't run him down"!!

And finally if you want to get personal, will you PLEASE look up the phrase "punctuation" in the dictionary? And maybe you could ask someone to check your spellings for you??

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

kinnittyman wrote:Listen Townman, I'll contribute to this message board anyway I see fit. I'm not a professional journalist getting paid for my contributions so I can pick and choose my opinions and the way I want to relay them. Freedom of speech and all that. Why would I jeopardise good friendships with clubmates I have known all my life just to give you some cheap thrills.

And if you read my post you might note that I asked a question about Paude Mulhare and "didn't run him down"!!

And finally if you want to get personal, will you PLEASE look up the phrase "punctuation" in the dictionary? And maybe you could ask someone to check your spellings for you??
i didn't asked you to jeopardise your as you say friendship with your clubmates i didn't asked where Corrigan sh.t last just what you though of him getting the selector job
as for personal i never said you where getting personal i know you have feck all to talk about in kinnitty since 1985 i'd say you were running around in short pants then

and yes kinnittyman look back on your last few post you have nothing good to say about Paudge, i think you would be one of the arse licker if this backroom team does do
a good job, your hit on the county board is more to do with James Rigney going to london more so then picking Paudge.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Will ya get a grip, ya gobshyte ya.
townman wrote:i didn't asked you to jeopardise your as you say friendship with your clubmates i didn't asked where Corrigan sh.t last just what you though of him getting the selector job
as for personal i never said you where getting personal i know you have feck all to talk about in kinnitty since 1985 i'd say you were running around in short pants then

and yes kinnittyman look back on your last few post you have nothing good to say about Paudge, i think you would be one of the arse licker if this backroom team does do
a good job, your hit on the county board is more to do with James Rigney going to london more so then picking Paudge.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

With the manager and the trainer from outside of the county, I persume the main role of the selectors is to bring their local knowledge and inside track on players. How active would both Paudge and Mark be in the club scene or county scene in recent times? Are they involved in any underage teams, development panels, schools, managing clubs, etc?

The above is a genuine question. Hopefully they are heavily involved and can really bring some insights into the players that are available to the new mgnt.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

have to say it wouldn't matter if we got Brian Cody over offaly we still would have lads fcuking moaning and giving out
as for Plain of the herbs it is a forum so i can say as i choose or answer a another post.

as for your gobshyte comment as they say it takes a gobshit to know one.