Team v Limerick

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
duckdiggler
Junior B

Re: Team v Limerick

Post by duckdiggler »

Offalys Future

You should change your footer

In the prescence of doubt , confidence cannot exist !! :D

I hope we win, don't expect to, but i think we do have the capability to test them severely if we play for a full 70 minutes.
To do that we need to stop Limerick scoring goals, AND need our forward line to hurl like demons to keep the ball up in the Limerick half / not give defenders time , much moreso than we did against Kilkenny.

Can we do it - hmmmmmmmm , sure hope so.

I totally agree with OF about Joe Brady though - slow as a wet week - prove me wrong Joe !

Good luck

The Biff
All Star

Post by The Biff »

OF, if you do consider changing your signature line, here's a picture you can add to your profile as your avatar. :wink:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.ph ... ype=avatar
Peter Parker: I missed the part where that's MY problem.

bula bula
All Star

Post by bula bula »

Brilliant!!!
"Ohhh mamma!"

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

i have not being on this site long but from the start all i have seen from offalys future is nothing but negative views. he will probaly argue that he is being realistic but in my opinion he is only happy when he is putting down offaly or other users of this sites opinions .
great history hoping for a better future

duckdiggler
Junior B

Post by duckdiggler »

In fairness OF speaks a lot of truth - and makes his ( or her ?! very pc) point very well.

Its just hard to have to agree that that is the case at times. We were used to good times and didn't realise that such hard work is now required from underage upwards to ensure we maintain high standards at intercounty level.

Personally my glass is always a bit full, never nearly empty, thats just me.

OF , keep up the good work, you create lots of debate which is a good thing always, and it is good to have all views no matter if we agree or disagree with you. Without OF there would be a lot less posts on this site.

Mines a guinness ! :wink:

The Biff
All Star

Post by The Biff »

Life around here would certainly be a little less interesting without the strongly worded views of Offalys Future. Long may he/she remain among us. Those views are often based on good analysis of problems. I hope that OF knows my avatar suggestion was just taking the p1$$. We often extol our players to "pull hard"; surely the same applies here too. 8)
Peter Parker: I missed the part where that's MY problem.

faithful till I die
Senior

Post by faithful till I die »

duckdiggler wrote:OF , keep up the good work, you create lots of debate which is a good thing always, and it is good to have all views no matter if we agree or disagree with you.
Even though OF drives me mad at times I suppose I have to agree with the above quote to some extent. It is useful to get a balanced view of the situation & to examine things in a critical manner. However I do think at times OF can be critical just for the sake of it. I mean it cant all be bad ? Surely OF can recognise some positives & it would be helpful if he highlighted both the plusses & the minuses. I think the hurlers will give Limerick a right good rattle even if they ultimately fall short.
Offaly awoke never more to sleep.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

If Offaly win I will retire the old mammoth and get a new avatar.

Loughers
All Star

Post by Loughers »

I think we're solid enough up to Rory. It falls apart after that. Re. Joe Brady, I'm scratching my head here. Another good rattle given, like Clare a couple of years ago and Tipp last year. F*ckng sick to the back teeth of them, and the qualifiers.
Esto Fidelis

uibhfhaili
County player

Post by uibhfhaili »

theres always the outside chance of Limerick self imploding and civil war breaking out down there. However if they are united camp theyll bet Offaly very easily Im afraid.

the bare biffo
All Star

Post by the bare biffo »

turk wrote:If Offaly win I will retire the old mammoth and get a new avatar.

No No No

We see far too few Mammoths these days.

Save the Mammoth.
"The ball may pass, but the man, never."

faithful till I die
Senior

Post by faithful till I die »

Offalys Future wrote:There isn't a hope in hell Offaly will win this game saturday
Right as always OF :lol: . Ah no seriously maybe you are a good luck charm or something. So with that in mind I would be very grateful if you could predict Offaly losing next Wednesday & Saturday.

On a serious note what a performance, just brilliant, so much heart, energy & plenty of skill. Hope to god that it carries on for the under 21s & that Horan is not seriously injured ? If things keep going like this we could have a decent season yet. Who would have thought that a few weeks ago.
Offaly awoke never more to sleep.

Sydthebeat
All Star

Post by Sydthebeat »

Offalys Future can be the george hook of the forum :lol:

but seriously, what a great win... both in the current climate and in the manner fo the victory. lets hope this i sthe springboard this team needs to go on to greater things.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Offalys Future wrote: With the Offaly team that i have heard will be playing i think we will be lucky to get within 10 points of Limerick.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offalys Future
All Star

Post by Offalys Future »

Okay okay lads.

I got it wrong and i will admit that. A few things i want to say though.
All i ever want to do is see Offaly competing consistently at the top level.
All i want to see is correct structures been put in place so players at underage are given a chance.
I think most of you will agree with me that this hasn't been the case for the last ten years.

What i witnessed last night in Limerick was a really great performance by both the players
and the management. The tactics for the game were spot on and the players stuck to this
and implemented them.
I especially have to give credit to Joe Brady who i slated last week. He was given a job and simple instructions
to carry out and he did this perfectly.
I thought Murphy and Rory worked unreal and midfield and gave the backs the support that was missing against Kilkenny.
They also helped the forwards out. The forwards sprayed the ball around excellently. Shane Dooley showed great vision
and even with 2 mins to go he was giving it everything running at their defence.
Joe Bergin is an unreal player at full forward, i have always said it, last year he wasnt given the opportunity at that position.
In m,y opinion he could be a really great player if he is given the correct guidance and patience.

All in all it was a super win. I am very pleased for Joe Dooley and all the players. They really deserved this.
I got it wrong and i will hold my hands up. The hurlers played with a confidence and class and also a steely determination
that we had only seen glimpses of. They really turned it on and fair play.

I can take the slagging i receive on this forum no bother, but you should no that i am an Offaly man through and through and all
i want to see is the best for our players coming through. I was there yesterday one of the very few that made the effort. i shouted my head
off from start to finish and i stayed around after with about 30 other people to say well done to the players come out of the dressing room.

Well done again to all concerned and long may it continue.
" In The Presence Of Confidence Doubt Cannot Exist "