Offaly Football

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Offalyblueboy
Intermediate
Club: Tullamore

Offaly Football

Post by Offalyblueboy »

Evening all, just a question and maybe create some conversation on how we improve things has Offaly Football ever been lower.

Seniors - London
U20s - Carlow
Minors - Waterford

Are all the teams that essentially knocked us out of the 3 football championships in 2024.

Is the problem development squads ? Mgt team ? Or where are we actually falling down.

We have a director of football employed but things have got worse not sure how that is possible.

I know we struggled 2 years ago to get a minor mgt team but that has been poor.

Where can we go from here ?

ruletheroost
Intermediate

Re: Offaly Football

Post by ruletheroost »

Offalyblueboy wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:04 am Evening all, just a question and maybe create some conversation on how we improve things has Offaly Football ever been lower.

Seniors - London
U20s - Carlow
Minors - Waterford

Are all the teams that essentially knocked us out of the 3 football championships in 2024.

Is the problem development squads ? Mgt team ? Or where are we actually falling down.

We have a director of football employed but things have got worse not sure how that is possible.

I know we struggled 2 years ago to get a minor mgt team but that has been poor.

Where can we go from here ?

I logged on to ask the very same questions but you got there before me :o

The only word you left out of the results is convincingly. We lost to London and Limerick at senior level, Waterford in a minor C competition and Carlow in an u20 B competition and lost them all CONVINCINGLY.

What has happened? 19 seniors players at training last Thursday. A player walking out of the dressing room Saturday. That's 2 players that have walked away from the panel this year. Both of who played key roles in the u20 All-Ireland win. Where is it going to end?? And not a word from our chairman about the state of football in Offaly. It has to be the lowest year ever?

Pat Mustard
Junior A

Re: Offaly Football

Post by Pat Mustard »

The problem is at the top, there only interested in one game and looking after there own clubs.
Our club championship is a joke and needs a massive overhaul