NFL Div 3 predictions 2023

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: NFL Div 3 predictions 2023

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Any chance Offaly snuck on a 16th player?

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

Plain of the Herbs wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:36 pm The Offaly Express one has the lad what scored 1-3 not lining out at all!
Anonymous1 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:17 pm Right well we clearly have a divergence of viewpoint here but sadly none of the match reports can clear it up because none of them have the team even remotely correct.

RTE have Evans down at 2, Pearson at 7, Dunne at 10, Donohoe at 12 and Anton at 14…

The Offaly Express have Donohoe at 2, Pearson at 7,Evans at 10 and Nigel at 12, Cian Farrell down as starting at 13 and Anton at 14…

The Examiner have Evans at 2, Pearson at 7, Donohoe at 12 and Anton at 14…

And The Longford Leader has Donohoe at 2, Pearson at 7, Evans at 12 and Anton at 14…

Either the reporters were drinking something strong in the press box or Offaly have managed to confuse everyone…
He has no excuses for the error either because he says in his venue watch that the programme cost €3 :lol:

Couple that with the headline claiming the win was a “six pointer” and I think it’d be fair to call for a public inquiry into what went on in that press box yesterday…

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

Bord na Mona man wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:08 am Any chance Offaly snuck on a 16th player?
I think we’d be more dangerous with 14 players than 16 :lol: :lol: :lol:

pigeon house biffo
All Star
Club: Rynagh

Post by pigeon house biffo »

Is there really no update on whats happening with cathal donoghue?

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

pigeon house biffo wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:26 pm Is there really no update on whats happening with cathal donoghue?
Not on the panel as far as I’m aware

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

Cathal is out for the year with a knee injury. needs an operation

pigeon house biffo
All Star
Club: Rynagh

Post by pigeon house biffo »

Right, but he played for NUIG in the colleges this year?

Offalyman82
Junior C
Club: Tullamore

Post by Offalyman82 »

Very sad news reaching me this evening which puts everything in perspective.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

Hard to believe Offalys football game V Tipperarry is going ahead Saturday with Liam Kearns funeral only on Thursday..I know maybe the team want to, if so fine, but I wonder did our county board even ask for a postponement.. Or are they afraid to upset higher archy with these compressed fixtures..very very cold looking for Liam Kearns family looking at Offaly just marching on and playing 2 days after his funeral..anyone else any observations..

Superhans75
All Star
Club: Birr

Post by Superhans75 »

I agree we should wait a week out of respect.
The team definitely will be upset and bit lost .
Hope common sense takes over but wil not
Hold my breath.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

The newly compressed county season doesn't leave much scope for postponements. Also, on the last day of the league they want all matches playing simultaneously. A team would be doing well to get a game postponed under any circumstances.

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

Bord na Mona man wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:23 pm A team would be doing well to get a game postponed under any circumstances.
If a game wasn't postponed under these circumstances, If requested, it would be an absolute travesty!!!

Obviously, if not requested, I'm assuming it's been played after consultation with Liams family.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

JimBwobb wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:09 pm
Bord na Mona man wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:23 pm A team would be doing well to get a game postponed under any circumstances.
Jaysus if the manager dies, other than a player, what else constitutes a valid request, I can't think of anything as serious to seek such a request, if the Kearns family did agree or ask that it go ahead, Offaly Co. Board are asleep at the wheel not to just confirm that in some post offering sympathy to the family etc..saying nothing doesn't look too nice in the circumstances.. Ime sure in the circumstances all other counties In Division 3 wouldn't mind Offaly V Tipperarry being played at the end..its unbelievable this game is still scheduled to go ahead without any update from Co. Board who are out shouting and roaring about things of way lesser importance..
If a game wasn't postponed under these circumstances, If requested, it would be an absolute travesty!!!

Obviously, if not requested, I'm assuming it's been played after consultation with Liams family.

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

The Offaly players, management and county board met on Monday night and agreed to play the game on Saturday but requested the time be moved from 6pm to 2pm so there wouldn’t be as long of a wait for the game on Saturday. Martin Murphy will step up as interim manager

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

Can't believe lads are coming on here debating about when the game is played etc.

Purely a matter for the County Board, Players. And Liam's family will have enough to deal with in the coming days, never mind months than to worry about when Offaly play. Offaly Co Board will I am sure show due respect ,as always, in the coming days.

It will be an emotional afternoon in Thurles, and the best way to honour the man will be through this.
It's some irony that it is Tipp and Offaly and the game will be secondary to all probably, no matter if it was played Sat or Sat week.

Personally, I will go to the game, and thoughts will be of the man who gave time to put into Offaly GAA for an all to short period.