Club Managers 22

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Dodge83
All Star

Re: Club Managers 22

Post by Dodge83 »

Tmacmahon wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:35 am Managers for senior B, anyone any idea

Senior B football
Bracknagh -
Tubber -
Walsh Island - Murphy/Comerford
Ballycumber -
St Rynaghs -
Erin rovers -
Clonbulloge - Killmurray
Gracefield -

Senior B Hurling
Drumcullen-
Tullamore-
Lusmagh-
Clara-
K/K-
Birr-
Johnny Kelly will probably be over Birr again I’d imagine

Hurling2022
Junior B

Post by Hurling2022 »

private joker wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:47 pm Drumcullen, shane hand
Clara. Brian gavin.
Tullamore, Kevin Martin has stepped down after just the one year.
Gavin hasn’t committed yet I heard from someone out that way

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Pretty sure he is. Leaving it late if he's not doing it.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

private joker wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:56 pm
Fairplayalways wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:01 pm apologies if this is covered previously, I wont be reading every post, just a tad surprised at Ollie Baker leaving Belmont in ways, injuries etc. denied him of Oisin Kelly I know and he was missed in their games..perhaps he was moving on himself (Baker) interesting to see how Delaney goes with Belmont..I didnt see him going to Belmont but interesting to see how he goes with Belmont...Is Hogan definetely gone back to Lorrha, if so its a wonder it hasnt been in the media, if it was I missed it...thanks in advance all.
100% gone, article in offalyexpress.ie
I seen it within an hour of posting above that Hogan was gone..surprised in ways...he got Rynaghs 3 in a row, wouldnt they have taken that arm and all 5 or 6 years ago when the 23 year famine without a county final was getting more and more harder to buck...I hope I am not devoured by others who are 100% uptot speed with who is who but by others but who is this Denis Kelly over Kinnitty?

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Denis kelly is a tipp man. I think Toome but could be borrisleigh. School teacher.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

thanks for that..never heard of a hurling Denis Kelly (Ferbane footballer in 80's and 90s I know) Interesting to see who takes over Rynaghs and how they will go now without Hogan...in fairness the profile is pretty high now being 3 in a row champions so it might attract a biggish name enough trying to improve their CV for a county job...

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Was at the hurling today in Tullamore. Offaly very good for most part considering the amount of 'perceived' fringe players they had out. Will be good competition for places in weeks ahead.

Great to see Clonbullogue get the win. They could be in with a good shout of winning Senior B in 2022 I reckon. Clara beaten but had a good year and will fancy getting to business end of senior in 2022.

Any updates on club scene.

Senior Hurling
Rynaghs - Ken Hogan has moved on. Be very interesting to see who they get. Would not be surprised to see Francis Forde back if he is free. Plenty of good coaches in Galway and Tipp that may be enticed over the border.
Coolderry - Brian Culbert
KK - great opportunity here for a coach with pedigree of young talent they have.
Shinrone - Trevor fletcher
Birr - Brendan Bugler
Ballinamere - Seamus McKeogh
Kinnity - Denis Kelly
Belmont - Baker replaced by Arien Delaney
Clodiagh Gaels - Murphy replaced by Ollie Baker?
Clareen - ???????

Senior Football
Tullamore - Niall Stack
Rhode - Malachy McNulty (possibly)
Ferbane - Declan Cryan staying I believe with Ger Rafferty in as a coach.
Durrow - Adrian Farrell
Edenderry - ???????????? Last years management gone. Good opportunity for any coach with players available to them.
Shamrocks - ???????????? heard they looking for new management.
Cappincur - ????????????? same as last year or new manager in?
Clara - Dalton/ Scanlon assuming that they stay on after successful year at intermediate.
jimbob

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Dubliner Ken Robinson is the new Edenderry manager according to local reports! Impressive CV by looks of it, interesting to see if he can get everyone on board.

TerraceTalk
Intermediate

Post by TerraceTalk »

Fingers crossed there is a big buy in from Edenderry players now, would be great to see them back challenging Tullamore, Rhode & Durrow for the Dowling this year. Offaly football needs them operating at their highest level.

Tmacmahon
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Tmacmahon »

Very good appointment by edenderry. they are front runners for the dowling now id imagine.
rhode are agring and looked a beaten ticket in last years two county finals, they will be there or thereabouts but hard to see them winning it.
tullamore to try and do 2 in a row will be a challenge, they will be a strong contender.
ferbance should be better with cian back and rafferty as a coach, hopefully oisin can be back for semi finals if we are there.
shamrocks are middle of the road , i thought they would be better and durrow had a breakput yer last year and can be a side who can cause upsets but wont win it. clara and cappicur are proud clubs and all in all a, its an 8 team championship where most teams feel they can beat the others. edenderry to win it

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Tmacmahon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:08 pm Very good appointment by edenderry. they are front runners for the dowling now id imagine.
rhode are agring and looked a beaten ticket in last years two county finals, they will be there or thereabouts but hard to see them winning it.
tullamore to try and do 2 in a row will be a challenge, they will be a strong contender.
ferbance should be better with cian back and rafferty as a coach, hopefully oisin can be back for semi finals if we are there.
shamrocks are middle of the road , i thought they would be better and durrow had a breakput yer last year and can be a side who can cause upsets but wont win it. clara and cappicur are proud clubs and all in all a, its an 8 team championship where most teams feel they can beat the others. edenderry to win it
Appears to be good acquisition for Edenderry. One caveat though is that in majority of roles to date, he was the coach and not the manager. Stepping up to manage and be the front man will be a challenge especially if they lose an early round or two of league or championship.

Think Tullamore are team to beat for next few years unless Ferbane can get their players back, in which case there should be little between the two. While Rhode are supposedly in decline, they reached final last year minus a couple of key players. Wouldnt write them off at all yet.

Not so convinced re Durrow. Lets face it, they beat a scratch Rhode team last year between injuries and covid etc and nearly threw that away. They did well v Ferbane but again, they were missing lads. When it came to semi again V Rhode, there was a big difference between them and Rhode and Rhode won that handy enough. They have strong runners but not sure how good they are as footballers and hurling being strong won't help that either. I'd put them in similar bracket to Clara and Shamrocks, and just a touch ahead of Cappincur at the moment.

Shamrocks seemed to improve a bit last year without overly exerting themselves. Got a draw off Tullamore and were very close to Edenderry in tight encounter. If these teams are the bar, then Shamrocks are capable of beating most teams on their day, but issue would be about beating a few of these teams in one year to win a championship. Wouldnt think they have overall talent or depth to make a final but could make a q-final and on a given day, win it to make a semi final.

Cappincur will be everyones favourites for the drop but I wouldnt see much between them Clara, Shamrocks or Durrow with one of them teams capable of maybe making a semi on a given day.

Tullamore for me, but very closely followed by Edenderry and Ferbane. Relegation between Cappincur Durrow and Shamrocks with Clara getting a bounce off their progress this year.
jimbob

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

jimbob17 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:32 pm Was at the hurling today in Tullamore. Offaly very good for most part considering the amount of 'perceived' fringe players they had out. Will be good competition for places in weeks ahead.

Great to see Clonbullogue get the win. They could be in with a good shout of winning Senior B in 2022 I reckon. Clara beaten but had a good year and will fancy getting to business end of senior in 2022.

Any updates on club scene.

Senior Hurling
Rynaghs - Ken Hogan has moved on. Be very interesting to see who they get. Would not be surprised to see Francis Forde back if he is free. Plenty of good coaches in Galway and Tipp that may be enticed over the border.
KK - great opportunity here for a coach with pedigree of young talent they have.
Birr - Brendan Bugler
Kinnity - Denis Kelly
Clodiagh Gaels - Murphy replaced by Ollie Baker?
Clareen - ???????

Senior Football
Tullamore - Niall Stack
Durrow - Adrian Farrell
Edenderry - ???????????? Last years management gone. Good opportunity for any coach with players available to them.
Shamrocks - ???????????? heard they looking for new management.
Clara - Dalton/ Scanlon assuming that they stay on after successful year at intermediate.
Any updates?

Rynaghs - ???????????
Birr - Brendan Bugler staying on?
Kinnity - Denis Kelly
Clodiagh Gaels - Murphy replaced by Ollie Baker? Is this correct?
Clareen - ??????????

Senior Football
Tullamore - Niall Stack
Durrow - Adrian Farrell
Edenderry - Ken Robinson - in media last week. A Dub previously involved with Westmeath, Dublin ladies and DCU. Seems like good appointment.
Shamrocks - ???????????? heard there was a bit of unrest among players over removal of last years management.
jimbob

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Clara will have a new mgt. Ad on clara facebook looking for applications.

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

Rynaghs - ???????????
Birr - Brendan Bugler staying on?
Kinnity - Denis Kelly
Clodiagh Gaels - Murphy replaced by Ollie Baker? Is this correct?
Clareen - ??????????

Senior Football
Tullamore - Niall Stack
Durrow - Adrian Farrell
Edenderry - Ken Robinson - in media last week. A Dub previously involved with Westmeath, Dublin ladies and DCU. Seems like good appointment.
Shamrocks - ???????????? heard there was a bit of unrest among players over removal of last years management.
Cappincur - Seeking expressions of interest
Clara - Seeking expressions of interest

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

I think John Leahy is over K/K this year.
Surprised Clara footballers are looking for new management considering how well the last year went.
Am I correct in saying that the new Edenderry manager has held all sorts of roles with teams in the past except being the out and out manager of one?
If so this is interesting. It's a big step up regardless how experienced you think you are.
When it's all going Pete Tong and you look around and realise you are standing on your own on the sideline......the backroom team having evaporated into the background....oh he'll know all about it then :lol: