Clonmore's McPaddens and Rhode

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
gael001
Junior C
Club: uibh fhaili

Clonmore's McPaddens and Rhode

Post by gael001 »

As a new user and having been reading the mail on this subject for quite a while now, its amazes me the attuitude of SOME people on this subject.
The facts on this case are very very simple and at this stage need to be pointed out to all

1. The Mc PADDENS ARE FROM CLONMORE AND HAVE NEVER LIVED IN RHODE AT ANY STAGE
2. HERD NUMBER +FARM + 2 FULL TIME STUDENTS + LIVING IN A FLAT ON THEIR OWN = A JOKE FROM ANYONE IN THEIR PROPER MIND LAUGHABLE
3. RHODE HAVE ALWAYS NEEDED GOOD CLONMORE HARPS PLAYERS ON THEIR SENIOR TEAMS TO WIN ANY FINAL AND IF YOU GO BACK THROUGH THE RHODE TEAMS FOR YEARS THIS WILL BE VERY EVIDENENT, ALWAYS POUCHED ANY PLAYERS THAT ARE GOOD FROM CLONMORE - WELL SOME THINGS WILL NEVER CHANGE. THEY CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT CLONMORE PLAYERS WHICH SHOWS IN THIS CASE !!!!!
4 .GLORYHUNTERS AT THEIR BEST NOTHING ELSE. WONT BE A WORD ABOUT THESES 2 IN A FEW YEARS, WAY TOO MUCH MADE ABOUT THEM, NOT THE LEVEL EVERYONE THINKS THEY ARE !!!!
5. MCPADDENS &THEIR PARENTS HAVE ACTUALLY AGREED THAT THEY GOT VERY WRONG INFORMATION FROM RHODE IN RELATION TO WHERE AND WHAT CLUB THEY BELONG TOO, WHICH IS VERY SAD.

Fargo Boyle
All Star

Re: Clonmore's McPaddens and Rhode

Post by Fargo Boyle »

Another McPaddens thread (yawn)

Is everyone else sick of this?

On another topic anyone watching the cricket - absolute classic match.

Wonder would it take off around Offaly - i heard that it was quite popular in West Offaly for a while

offalyman08
All Star

Post by offalyman08 »

Fargo Boyle wrote: On another topic anyone watching the cricket - absolute classic match.

Wonder would it take off around Offaly - i heard that it was quite popular in West Offaly for a while
Edenderry had a cricket team for a good while too! Surely we'l round up 15 to and give it a go!!

Harps Man
Junior A

Post by Harps Man »

fargo if ye dont like it dont read it,wudnt say anyone is forcein ye :lol:

Fargo Boyle
All Star

Post by Fargo Boyle »

Might be a good idea for the town alright. i think you only need 11 men so would be handier for ye since ye lost so many lads out the road!!

hectors horse
Junior C

Post by hectors horse »

From what I've heard, the transfers were passed last night.. can anyone confirm?

I know there were phone calls being made to clubs yesterday on the lads behalf to ask clubs to vote to allow it but I thought it would have been defeated again.. disgraceful stuff all round!!

brian fantana
Intermediate
Club: rhode

Post by brian fantana »

no point talking about this anymore, the transfers were put through last night, thank god the county board seen sense.thats it now, done deal. and anyway its not like clonmore were losing two players as they had never played for them before and they were never going to.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Can confirm they went through.

I sincerely hope this isn't the thin end of the wedge is all that I can say now.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

offalyman08
All Star

Post by offalyman08 »

Fargo Boyle wrote:Might be a good idea for the town alright. i think you only need 11 men so would be handier for ye since ye lost so many lads out the road!!
:lol: Yea and the cricketers would be as good as what went out too!!! :lol: :lol:

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

Yes very bad decision. For starters it really opens up a "transfer market" now. There will be lads living in "flats" all over the place. A club like Clonmore harps are going to struggle to hold onto players in the future and might cease to exist. All young lads growing up in the area are going to have the appeal of a bigger club like Rhode and the Rhode recruiters coaching them at underage level so I think there's no doubt Clonmore are facing alot of problems down the line holiding onto players. Terrible.

I think LS put it perfectly "I sincerely hope this isn't the thin end of the wedge".

High School Musical
All Star
Club: St. Vincents

Post by High School Musical »

Angry angry man there. I know this by his use of capital letters.

I dont like it. Anger that is. Or capital letters.
So as the great Lenin once said (he probably didn't say it), "Crush Capitalism!!".
Or maybe that means something else...........

Also, fair play to the cricketers.

joe123
Junior B

Post by joe123 »

Are edenderry footballers not banned from playing cricket???
Ballyfore are recruiting again only 11 required this time!!

Every team in the county can recruit now, open transfer market in Offaly now with the mcpaddens joining the Rhode INTERMEDIATE set up!

I think I fancy a transfer myself, my dog lives in Rhode and my great grandad drove through there once.... Do I qualify for a transfer?? :lol:

Harps Man
Junior A

Post by Harps Man »

seems like itd be no prob joe123,im sure someone will point ye in the right direction for a transfer form!!

Extra time
Junior B

Post by Extra time »

clonmore will be better off without them!!id rather play with someone that wanted to play for the club than a fella that thought he was better than he was!if they dont make the senior team in rhode where are they off to then?glory hunters!they cant be that good anyway i never even heard of them .

brian fantana
Intermediate
Club: rhode

Post by brian fantana »

Extra time wrote:clonmore will be better off without them!!id rather play with someone that wanted to play for the club than a fella that thought he was better than he was!if they dont make the senior team in rhode where are they off to then?glory hunters!they cant be that good anyway i never even heard of them .
ohhh and the thruth comes out, sour grapes. grow up lad.