Offaly Senior Hurlers 2024

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
G91
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: Offaly Senior Hurlers 2024

Post by G91 »

Just a thought what are the chances of cormac egan being drafted in for the hurling if football is finished or can that even happen if the request was made by johny Kelly

Just thinking on the basis we have a few players with injuries just his addition to the under 20 last year was brilliant great pace and physically strong

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

That's grand. Let them be raging hot favourites for the Final. Pressure all on them. If they're beating everyone by 7 goals and 26 points, they'll surely do it in Croke Park too. Job is Oxo. Shur they're already promoted at this stage, homecoming in Camross sorted. Picky, Mickey, Dicky and the lad from the local radio have it all organised.
Faithfully wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:31 pm Laois confirm their place in the final. 26 point win over Down, impressive form in fairness.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

joey1001
All Star

Post by joey1001 »

G91 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:39 pm
joey1001 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:51 pm
FerbaneInsider wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:33 pm

Aren’t you hiding behind your keyboard?
Yea but I'm not slating and disrespecting players and management and other users.. its time this forum was made open! Its toxic and so are a lot of its posters. Its time we showed respect to all players and management who give so much and are normal people who have kids and families etc. Half the lads here wouldn't be half as smart to tell a player something to his face.

😂 are you for real , you made a smart remark about reattaching Dan revenhills hamstring to put up a statue of Lee o Connor, you also made light of beating kk for the first time in the grade since 2017

If that smart remark isn't what one would define disrespectful it must have a new meaning
That's not a smart remark, that's reality of happened to the poor fella thanks to a greedy manger. Its not one bit disrespectful.. yea because lads want a statue of him and are throwing declan kelly under the bus!! Hypocrites!! No I praised them to the last for beating kilkenny. I was at the homecoming in birr and all.. when the u20 footballers beat the reigning all ireland champions the response was "great win but we need to haul the manager in over how we play"

faithfulfanatic
All Star
Club: Coolderry

Post by faithfulfanatic »

G91 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:43 pm Just a thought what are the chances of cormac egan being drafted in for the hurling if football is finished or can that even happen if the request was made by johny Kelly

Just thinking on the basis we have a few players with injuries just his addition to the under 20 last year was brilliant great pace and physically strong
Cormac’s hurling would be nowhere near the level required.
I’d also imagine he wants and deserves a break and chance to recuperate.
He’s also free to travel to the States for a few months, given the mess that is the new Offaly football championship structure.

G91
All Star

Post by G91 »

Plain of the Herbs wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:58 am That's grand. Let them be raging hot favourites for the Final. Pressure all on them. If they're beating everyone by 7 goals and 26 points, they'll surely do it in Croke Park too. Job is Oxo. Shur they're already promoted at this stage, homecoming in Camross sorted. Picky, Mickey, Dicky and the lad from the local radio have it all organised.
Faithfully wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:31 pm Laois confirm their place in the final. 26 point win over Down, impressive form in fairness.
Jack Nolan can't control himself
Attachments
randy-marsh-v0-b6jj0qf4mrbb1.jpg
randy-marsh-v0-b6jj0qf4mrbb1.jpg (69.18 KiB) Viewed 1490 times

joey1001
All Star

Post by joey1001 »

G91 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:33 am
Plain of the Herbs wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:58 am That's grand. Let them be raging hot favourites for the Final. Pressure all on them. If they're beating everyone by 7 goals and 26 points, they'll surely do it in Croke Park too. Job is Oxo. Shur they're already promoted at this stage, homecoming in Camross sorted. Picky, Mickey, Dicky and the lad from the local radio have it all organised.
Jack Nolan can't control himself
Again admin another personal attack and insulating an individual and one who isn't here to speak for himself.. disgrace, remove please!

G91
All Star

Post by G91 »

Joey how about you STFU for once you absolute 🔔🔚theres a personal attack for you to whinge and moan about 3 threads your trying this morning to rise a row

You and your absolute BULLSHIT to the highest of standards

FerbaneInsider caught you out lovely yesterday in regards to your dox threats

I'm here alot longer than your couple of weeks I've more credibility on this forum than yourself

All you've contributed is dragging things off topic and just trying to disrupt every channel

When your caught out then your answers are

I've been talking to a player

I'm being bullied, I'm being called names

If I didn't value my account on this forum I'd be giving you legitimate reasons to make accusations

joey1001
All Star

Post by joey1001 »

G91 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:14 am Joey how about you STFU for once you absolute 🔔🔚theres a personal attack for you to whinge and moan about 3 threads your trying this morning to rise a row

I'm here alot longer than your couple of weeks I've more credibility on this forum than yourself

All you've contributed is dragging things off topic and just trying to disrupt every channel

If I didn't value my account on this forum I'd be giving you legitimate reasons to make accusations
G91 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:14 am Joey how about you STFU for once you absolute 🔔🔚theres a personal attack for you to whinge and moan about 3 threads your trying this morning to rise a row

I've been reading his forum for 20 off years, in that time I've played a full career, underage and senior with club and county.. couple months ago I decided to start posting my opinions and of course was attacked when ye lot didn't like them. Spent long enough looking at toxicity in this forum, slating players, managers, county board , clubs, individuals.. the People who have given their life to club and county while a lot of ye who have never kicked or pucked a ball come on here to disrespect everyone involved and think ye are owed something because ye go to a few matches. Years coming on here of a Monday morning wondering will it be me or some of my teammate in the firing line and resisting the urge to defend ourselves.. I've no doubt a lot of ye stood in the stand and abused me worse than yd did on here.. wake up admin/moderator's.. let's clean up this toxicity and get back to respecting everyone involved who give their life and soul to club and county! I don't know anyone here to "dox" anyone.. as bad an all as Kevin Egan is at least he doesn't hide. If you're going to come on here and slate and abuse and disrespect people, at least have the guts to put your name to it..ye are using this anonymous to slate and criticise and disrespect otherwise ye wouldn't be hiding yer identity!

JohnnyBoy24
Senior

Post by JohnnyBoy24 »

Seem to be able to weather storms as they break out. Have been better since around the 20th minute. However we are giving away a good few frees and loose balls.

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

Only seen the second half so can't comment on the first.

Dominated Kerry and outscored by 2-13 to 0-5 in the second half, well done boys I genuinely thought this was going to be a very tricky assignment.

Roll on Laois again on the 8th June in Croker :D

JohnnyBoy24
Senior

Post by JohnnyBoy24 »

Agreed jimbob, completely blew them away in the second half. The first 20 was ropey enough at times but once we got a handle on it , we were streets ahead.

Is that us also in the final ?? Even if Kerry win next weekend we have them on a head to head if we go lightly against down ?

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

JohnnyBoy24 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:54 pm Agreed jimbob, completely blew them away in the second half. The first 20 was ropey enough at times but once we got a handle on it , we were streets ahead.

Is that us also in the final ?? Even if Kerry win next weekend we have them on a head to head if we go lightly against down ?
That's exactly it, guaranteed final now against Leix.

G91
All Star

Post by G91 »

A good strong performance

Oisin kelly goal was a bit of karma for the kerry back he was holding on and got exactly what he deserved

Thought we were going to have to beat the ref aswell wasn't giving anything to offaly,

Definitely 2 yellows for the kerry captain, same with no.7 when screeney came on potential 2nd yellow in fairness he continued the exact same after the the first one

Kerry haven't changed thier game plan out to cause trouble same as last year

Once again offaly rose above it and got some absolute beauty's of scores

Superhans75
All Star
Club: Birr

Post by Superhans75 »

Good performance Kerry we're knackered at half time.
Referee was appalling
1 minute of extra time in the first half
Was the best joke of 2024.
Not too sure to what make of the second half
Never in doubt.
Defence still looks sticky but Kerry forwards
We're more concerned of falling over
Down next week are a different kettle of fish.
Good crowd and enjoy the sun

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

Good solid performance today. Great to see the team keep the foot down when we got 7 or 8 points up. Too often in the past few years we would allow teams back into it.

One thing I'm really looking forward to this week is the Laois team selection for their final game. Surely they will pick their strongest team and not rest any players even though they have already qualified for the final....😜
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean