Offaly Senior Football Club Championship 2011

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
toughtackler
Junior A

Re: Offaly Senior Football Club Championship 2011

Post by toughtackler »

Anything other than a relaxation battle was considered a success for Edenderry this year,yes they have a good mix of old and young on the team,don't think anyone would fancy getting them in a semi,all going well and they avoid Rhode,they could well cause an upset!!!Played exceptionally well at times tonight,great support for each other,I'll just make one example when the full back Rodge Hanlon made a burst up the field and slipped off a pass for a point,this hasnt been done in years,onwards n upwards for the reds!!!It's good for the town but even better for the county,hope our potential county manager (whoever it may be) is taking notes!!

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

st.ryanaghs were brutal bad,how they finished 2nd in the other group i dont know.the only plan they had was to kick high ball into full forward and say few prayers.this game wont do edenderry much good if they get carried away,clara/rhode or even erin rovers would be way harder test.i think edenderry need 2 or 3 more years before they could knock rhode off the top,they have alot of young players and i think if they stick together they could win championship but this year rhode have a bit more in the tank yet and i cant see much stopping them.all in all a poor effort from st.ryanaghs tonight,no fight,no heart looked like a training session at times,a few edenderry players played well but the opposition didnt exactly put up much of a fight.if i was offaly manager i wouldnt be writing much notes here,hard to compare the 2 teams when one is way ahead of the other.

clubman
Junior A

Post by clubman »

kingscounty wrote:st.ryanaghs were brutal bad,how they finished 2nd in the other group i dont know.the only plan they had was to kick high ball into full forward and say few prayers.this game wont do edenderry much good if they get carried away,clara/rhode or even erin rovers would be way harder test.i think edenderry need 2 or 3 more years before they could knock rhode off the top,they have alot of young players and i think if they stick together they could win championship but this year rhode have a bit more in the tank yet and i cant see much stopping them.all in all a poor effort from st.ryanaghs tonight,no fight,no heart looked like a training session at times,a few edenderry players played well but the opposition didnt exactly put up much of a fight.if i was offaly manager i wouldnt be writing much notes here,hard to compare the 2 teams when one is way ahead of the other.
ye st ryanaghs were very poor,edenderry far the best but ryanaghs will be happy to do so well first year back in senior

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

clubman wrote:
kingscounty wrote:st.ryanaghs were brutal bad,how they finished 2nd in the other group i dont know.the only plan they had was to kick high ball into full forward and say few prayers.this game wont do edenderry much good if they get carried away,clara/rhode or even erin rovers would be way harder test.i think edenderry need 2 or 3 more years before they could knock rhode off the top,they have alot of young players and i think if they stick together they could win championship but this year rhode have a bit more in the tank yet and i cant see much stopping them.all in all a poor effort from st.ryanaghs tonight,no fight,no heart looked like a training session at times,a few edenderry players played well but the opposition didnt exactly put up much of a fight.if i was offaly manager i wouldnt be writing much notes here,hard to compare the 2 teams when one is way ahead of the other.
ye st ryanaghs were very poor,edenderry far the best but ryanaghs will be happy to do so well first year back in senior
i would agree with you there clubman,for a team to get to quarter final of the senior who only came from inter last year they did do well,and will be happy with the progress they made.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Gracefield beat ferbane 4 points didnt hear who won between clara Erin rovers what way is the draw for the semil finals or is it made

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

i thought i heard at game last night that edenderry play erin rovers or clara. i could be wrong im not 100% sure.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

so Gracefield play the winners of Walsh island and Rhode which should be Rhode Gracefield could catch Rhode in the semil final Rhode have a lot
of football played over the last few years Gracefield will be fresh and hungary

faithfullad
Senior

Post by faithfullad »

Is Rhode-WI on tomorrow?

offalyman08
All Star

Post by offalyman08 »

faithfullad wrote:Is Rhode-WI on tomorrow?
Sunday week. Plus the semi finals are an open draw which has not been made as of yet

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

offalyman08 wrote:
Sunday week. Plus the semi finals are an open draw which has not been made as of yet
well that clears it up so offalyman,open draw.any word on clara and erin rovers who won

offalyman08
All Star

Post by offalyman08 »

kingscounty wrote:
offalyman08 wrote:
well that clears it up so offalyman,open draw.any word on clara and erin rovers who won
Clara beat Erin Rovers, think it was 1-11 to 0-7 or so. Ger Lynam sent off for off the ball incident on Thomas Deehan.

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

As far as i'm aware the draws for intermediate and senior are on next Sunday after the Rhode/WI game with senison two weeks after and final of senior on 10th Oct

clubman
Junior A

Post by clubman »

townman wrote:Gracefield beat ferbane 4 points didnt hear who won between clara Erin rovers what way is the draw for the semil finals or is it made
was at this game too,have to say it was a poor game with gracefield just about deserving it

club125
Senior

Post by club125 »

Signs of progress for Gracefield and Edenderry over the weekend but one would still have to say that its Rhode's Championship to lose

club125
Senior

Post by club125 »

My understanding is that if Rhode beat Walsh Island then the Semi Final draw will not be fully open as the two table toppers Gracefield and Rhode must be ceded and kept apart.

This will result in Edenderry & Clara being kept apart also